School evacuated due to faulty sensor

After the fire alarm evacuated students and staff, fire personnel made sure the building was safe to enter again

Due+to+a+faulty+sensor%2C+students+and+staff+were+evacuated+on+Tuesday%2C+April+1.

By Photo by Amanda Curtright

Due to a faulty sensor, students and staff were evacuated on Tuesday, April 1.

The school was evacuated after the fire alarm went off due to a faulty sensor on Tuesday, April 1.

After a full student and staff evacuation, the building was checked by fire personnel for any potential dangers.

After an all-clear, students returned to their first block classes and were then instructed to report to their second block at approximately 9:30 a.m.

As a part-time student, senior Bailee Flaming was annoyed by the false alarm.

“I’m glad that everything ended up being OK,” Flaming said. “But, being part-time, it seemed like [the evacuation] took forever because I’m supposed to leave after first block, so I was there longer than normal.”

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)